Guyana Women’s Health and Life Experiences (GWHLES) 2018
The Guyana Women’s Health and Life Experiences survey was a collaborative project between the Government of Guyana, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women), the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), and the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB).
Multiple Indicator Cluster Survey (MICS) – 2014
The Bureau of Statistics, in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) executed a nationwide Multiple Indicator Cluster Survey (MICS), from March to June 2014.
Demography & Health Survey (DHS) 2009
The Ministry of Health, supported by the Bureau of Statistics, executed a nationwide Demographic and Health Survey during the period January to March of 2009. This survey was funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
The objectives of this project were to collect data related to:
- Family, maternal and child health in Guyana
- Demographic and other health issues associated with services, knowledge and behavior among women and men in Guyana.
The population under study for the Guyana DHS were children, women and men who are living in private households.
The Population and Housing Census is one of Guyana’s largest national exercises. In the Census, which is conducted every ten years, Enumerators (census-takers) visit every household in every part of the country to administer questionnaires that collect social and economic information and data on the population.
The Population and Housing Census is an extremely important national exercise and it is every citizen’s duty to cooperate according to the laws of Guyana, as the Census produces a huge body of information that is used in planning and development.
- 2012 Census Life Table (PDF – 468 KB)
- 2012 Census Preliminary Report (PDF – 16.9 MB)
- Final 2012 Census Count (PDF – 88.1 KB)
- Final 2012 Census Compendium 1 (PDF – 799 KB)
- Final 2012 Census Compendium 2 (PDF – 1.45 MB)
- Final 2012 Census Compendium 3 (PDF – 1.08 MB)
- Final 2012 Census Compendium 4 (PDF – 1.40 MB)
- Final 2012 Census Compendium 5 (PDF – 1.71 MB)
- Guyana Working Life Table (PDF – 88.1 KB)
- 2012 Household by Village (Zipped – 26.8 MB)
- 2012 Population by Village (Zipped – 18.3 MB)
Data (2010 - 2019):
- January – December 2019 (PDF – 141 KB)
- January – December 2018 (PDF – 234 KB)
- January – December 2017 (PDF – 204 KB)
- January – December 2016 (PDF – 204 KB)
- January – December 2015 (PDF – 209 KB)
- January – December 2014 (PDF – 207 KB)
- January – December 2013 (PDF – 207 KB)
- January – December 2012 (PDF – 207 KB)
- January – December 2011 (PDF – 207 KB)
- January – December 2010 (PDF – 207 KB)
The Georgetown Consumer Price Index (CPI) is the main tool used by the Government to measure the rate of inflation, and is also used by trade unions, international organisations and members of the public for monitoring changes in prices.